Tip : Vehicle Security Devices
Ask your insurance company for advice on installing security devices as they may offer you a discount on certain approved security products. Some insurance companies may also refuse to insure certain car makes and models unless a particular security device is installed.
Security devices include:
- Electronic engine immobiliser.
- Alarm system.
- Central locking and automatic locking.
- Double-locking doors.
- Steering wheel lock.
- GPS Tracking devices.
Other tips include:
- Immobilise and alarm your vehicle every time you leave it unattended.
- Ensure that any security device is fitted by a professional and look for a Thatcham approved device.
- Use property marking products to mark your car equipment, such as your car stereo and satellite navigation device as these can be easily removed.
- Protect your wheels and tyres by fitting locking wheel nuts/bolts.
Supported by Crimestoppers